Apply Now

How to Apply to PIA


Complete an application form


Pay the application fee


Submit a financial guarantee


Provide a copy of your passport

Applying to PIA is easy and can be completed online! Read the information below to learn more about how to apply to PIA.

How to Apply for the Intensive English Program

Learning how to apply

All international students in the Intensive English program are required to have an F1 student visa.*

To apply, students must complete the following:

  • Fill out a PIA online application
  • Pay $75.00 non-refundable application fee.
    • This fee can be paid online using Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
  • Upload required documents, including:
    • A copy of the biographical page of the applicant’s passport and those of his/her dependent(s) (when appropriate).
    • A financial guarantee showing proof of funds to cover the cost of tuition and expenses ($18,000 for nine months). This should be a recent bank statement. A scholarship letter may be used as the financial guarantee. An additional $3,000 is required for dependents. For more information on the financial guarantee requirements, click here.
    • A letter of financial support is required if the financial guarantee document does not show the student’s name. The letter must be signed by the person named on the financial document.


how to apply to PIAPIA welcomes students that already have an F1 visa and are currently in the United States and attending another school. In order to transfer, students must submit the above items as well as the following:

  • A Transfer Clearance Form, when applicable. The applicant must submit this form to his or her current school, and it must be completed and sent to PIA.


After PIA receives all of the required application materials, we will review your application and make a decision on admission. If admitted, we will send you an admissions packet with a admission letter, your I-20 and information on how to apply for your F1 student visa. For more information on how to apply for your visa, visit

*There are a small number of exceptions to the F1 requirement for Intensive English applicants. Students that have an F2 (dependent) visa are not required to submit a financial guarantee and can only enroll part-time. In addition, students that do not require an F1 visa because they are US Citizens/Permanent Residents do not require a financial guarantee and they can enroll full-time or part-time.

How to Apply for Group Courses

If you are interested in applying for our group courses, such as Experience America or Short-term English, contact PIA at

Program Eligibility

No specific prior study is required. Students must be 16 years or older to enroll in the Intensive English program or Experience America courses or 13 years old to enroll in Short-term English courses.