PIA offers a variety of optional activities for students to make friends, have fun, and explore Portland and the surrounding areas!
School Activities On Campus
PIA has after-school bonus activities on campus. These activities are free and open to all students. These include:
- Play ping pong and pool or watch movies in the rec center
- Watch Warner Pacific University men’s and women’s sports teams during the season
- Attend Warner Pacific University concerts and choral performances
- Gather for happy hour with PIA students and staff at local restaurants
School Activities Off Campus
PIA also offers a number of off-campus activities throughout the term. These are held after school and on weekends. These activities require advance signup and there is usually a fee for these activities.
- Outlet shopping – The Woodburn Outlet Shopping Center is the biggest and most popular in Oregon. Enjoy tax-free shopping at stores such as Nike, Adidas, Coach, Calvin Klein, Gap, and many more.
- Downtown Portland Tour – Portland is known for its restaurants, Powell’s City of Books bookstore, Tom McCall Waterfront Park, Voodoo Doughnut, coffee shops, Pioneer Courthouse Square, and more.
- Columbia River Gorge – The Columbia River Gorge is unique in its natural and cultural history. It is also a beautiful National Scenic Area. Hidden inside this amazing scenic area is the incredible Multnomah Falls waterfall, which is 620 feet (189 m) tall.
- Seattle trip – Spend a weekend exploring the unique and interesting city of Seattle. The famous Pike Place Market is filled with delicious foods, handmade crafts, florists, and the very first Starbucks. Take a trip to the top of the Space Needle to get a beautiful view of the city.
- Portland Trail Blazers basketball and Portland Timbers soccer – Experience Portland’s passionate fans cheering on our two favorite professional sports teams.
School Activities Calendar
Common Activities at Pacific International Academy