Textbooks are an important part of learning English, and students need to buy their books by the first week of classes. Ordering textbooks online might be a new experience, but this page has some useful links and tips to make it easier!
You can buy Oxford textbooks directly from PIA. A fee is added to your account, which you can pay online using the Campus Axess student portal.
You can buy Cambridge textbooks directly from PIA. A fee is added to your account, which you can pay online using the Campus Axess student portal.
- What textbooks are used at PIA?
- Check the textbook list for the textbooks for your classes each term.
- When do I need to buy my textbooks?
- You need to buy your textbooks by the first week of class. You must have your textbook by the second class meeting at the latest.
- How can I get my textbooks?
- PIA has systems in place to help you get your books. You can buy Pearson textbooks through the online store (see above), and you can buy Oxford and Cambridge textbooks directly from PIA. You are also allowed to buy your textbooks from another source.
- Can I buy used textbooks?
- PIA discourages students from buying used textbooks. Because most ESL textbooks have a lot of written exercises, used textbooks are often already marked. Your textbook needs to be clean each term so you can do the exercises yourself. If you buy a used textbook, you must erase all of the markings before using it in class.
- How can I pay for textbooks?
- When buying textbooks through Pearson’s online store, you will need a credit card, your billing address, and your shipping address. You can also pay for Oxford and Cambridge textbooks with a credit card, or you can use cash.